Each year, the CLA Alumni Association selects award recipients to join an exclusive group, exemplifying the outstanding leadership, service, and achievement that distinguishes Hamline University alumni.
The Nominating Committee of the CLA Alumni Board also seeks new directors annually.
Alumni/Faculty Award Descriptions
Outstanding Achievement Award
This award goes to a degreed alumna/us of the college who has done extraordinary work in his/her field or volunteer activities.
Distinguished Service Award
This award goes to a degreed alumna/us of the college who has demonstrated distinguished dedication and service through volunteer activities at Hamline University (e.g. class agent, on boards or committees, leadership role as a volunteer, efforts on special projects.)
First Decade Award
This award goes to a degreed alumna/us of the college who has done extraordinary work in his/her field or volunteer activities within the first 10 years after graduation.
Outstanding Faculty Award
This award goes to a current or past faculty member of the college who exhibits/exhibited exemplary teaching and/or writing in his/her field, and has been involved in activities which reflect support and interest in Hamline University.
Making the World A Better Place Award
This award goes to a degreed alumna/us of the college who has made the connection between learning theory and putting it into practice and connecting the liberal arts education to his/her profession and work within the community. This person is ethical and caring and serves society.
Alumni Board Directors
Responsibilities of Alumni Board Directors:
1. Attend all Board meetings.
2. Attend meetings of and actively participate in one committee.
3. Build community among Board directors.
4. Provide annual financial support to the University, as practical.
5. Provide recommendations for Board positions and University awards, as appropriate.
6. Support University events, with special emphasis on those sponsored by the Board and Board Committees, through attendance and participation.
Betsy Brenden Radtke '89
Associate Vice President, Alumni Relations